The Key to a Great Experience...
Let us open the door to the perfect vacation experience
COVID-19 Updates and Alerts
The health and well-being of our community is Truckee's utmost priority. A California stay at home order is in effect. Please practice social distancing and only go out for essentials. We're in this together. Please reach out if we can help
- Unwavering Resilience Is the Truckee Way - April 15 Letter from David Policy, Truckee Mayor, Jim Winterberger, Committee Chair, TTBID, and John Manochhio, Board Chair, Truckee Chamber of Commerce
- What is an "essential" or "non-essential" business?
- Many TRUCKEE RESTAURANT kitchens and BREWERIES are open for pick up and delivery, please support them by ordering takeout food and drinks.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS: Help Truckee businesses during this difficult time: Order online/by phone, sign up for virtual classes, and buy gift cards. Participate in the #HomeMeansTruckeeTahoeChallenge.
- Truckee's California Welcome Center is closed. Amtrak train, Greyhound & Amtrak buses, as well as local transportation, continue to run barring weather/road conditions.
- All lodging, hotels, and short term rentals are closed through May 23, 2020.
- TTUSD schools are closed through the end of the school year.
- U.S. Chamber Small Business Guide and CARES Act - Easy to read guide
- Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is available to help and are aggregating business resources on their website. They are also posting valuable information on their Facebook page. Additionally, they have partnered with Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation to host a series of webinars, all of which are recorded and available for viewing and/or audio on their website.
- Tips for Renegotiating Your Commercial Rent The Sierra Business Council and Small Business Development Center put together ideas to help renegotiate your business space rent due to closure/partial closure for COVID-19 precautions.
- HR Information - TruckeeHR has several blogs on their website with good information (laid off vs furlough, Emergency Paid Sick Leave, etc.)
- Recorded Interviews of Community Leaders about COVID-19 on 101.5 KTKE Truckee Tahoe Radio
- Connect with Customers Online: Knowledge Bites Webinar Easy steps to update your Google business listing - the first thing customers see with a Google search. Update your hours, if modified, during COVID-19 and post a message to stay relevant to your customers.
- Need Employees? Sign up and list your jobs on the Truckee Jobs Collective.
- Truckee Chamber Facebook page - Please visit. We frequently post updates with new business resources and webinars.
The Town of Truckee's website has been revised with up-to-date Truckee COVID-19 information and directs residents to the Nevada County Public Health department for frequent and detailed updates on Coronavirus response and preparedness. Read these frequently asked questions about California Governor Gavin Newsom's state-wide stay-at-home order.
If you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath and for more information on when to seek care for respiratory symptoms, please call the Tahoe Forest Health System COVID-19 Hotline at (530) 582-3450, available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day. Visit TFHS's website for more prevention, protection, and health information and statistics.
The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on individuals, businesses, and nonprofits and there are many in critical need of support. It has also brought our community together to help one another. From regional emergency funds to businesses creating their own Go Fund Me campaigns, there are many opportunities to make donations. This Roundup will be updated as we learn of more requests for funding. Every dollar donated can have an enormous impact on an individual, business, nonprofit, and our community.